July 27, 2009

Beat The Depth!

My blogwalking hobby shows many of famous geologist's blogs that lead me to know that geologist used to travel around the planet and majority has side activities such as photography & diving. Both are costly because good photograph needs good camera, diving trainee & it's equipments also not cheap.

I'm not that attracted to both, howefer from the articles I realize & conclude something, that be able to swim is a must! Fact that an accident sometime occure in offshore oil rig that could requires us to jump or not to jump to the deep-dark-cold sea. The Piper Alpha accident already proove it with 167 people die, I saw on TV. And that issue become the worst offshore accident & biggest attack to Britis oil industry that period.
I know other several smaller cases. And be able to swim defenetely much help. It doesn't means that I'll work at that kinda industry anyway, it's just.. not that easy, moreover in...offshore??
Sure I don't hoping something terribble to be happen, it just kinda my prevention action, better prepare your umbrella before it's raining, right?

So that's the background.. which apparently not strong enough to keep my body slides freely on the water. After long time no contact with pool, yesterday I dismissed my boredom by practicing swim with my brothers.
Well, I just curious, how to make my body moving on water.
Why it so difficult to stay floating and breathing?
I should have learn it since I was a child. That's the point. I didn't though that it'll be critical by now. Come on!

Hmm, Water...the fourth holy element after earth, air and fire, it has a strong power to cure... Ups! What a Dan Brown influence!
Ahaha..
Basically I've never exactly learn to swim. But able to swim make us either looks cool or healthy, isn't it?
Somebody just teach me how to do that sucks!
It's okay if the water surface is under my nose, unfortunately the situation is totally different start from 2 m depht or deeper. So scary, I can't imagine If I swim 'till the center of pool, then I lost my breath and my energy is used up to keep me floating. Once more, horrible! I've to beat my paranoia first I think before I could go any further.
Meanwhile, dealing with the nature is what geologist do. Nature keep numerous incredible lake, swamp, river, lagune, beach and ocean. So what will it be if I can't swim? feels uncomplete 'coz a puzzle's lost. Hoho, one of my stupidnes. Next day probably I'll try it out again, perhaps better luck next time!!
:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment