July 10, 2009

Not So Famous

Some movies usually created based on best seller books that has reached thousands or million copy of selling and shock some group of certain people with it's incredibility. That fact invite me to comment about todays new release love and religy movie 'Ketika Cinta Bertasbih' (KCB). I haven't watch the movie yet. But after read the whole novel I know that there's no need for me to watch it. Will just wasting my precious time. Why?

When I'm on my way back home by city bus number 7, close to Condong Catur intersecti I saw a big billboard figured KCB movies full complete with all the stars also a sentence below that point out that KCB is a soul inspiring and very long waited by million fan in 8 country around the globe!!
Well hey are you kidding me? Sounds so atracting. I never wathcing tv's gossips that days so I have no idea what media and public say 'bout this religious flavour movie.

Then I download the ebook of KCB and start reading it... A quarter already done and I try to find an interesting side of it. The whole novel already read and instead of amazed or somethin', I feel dissapointed & did a useless actìvity.
Let me discuss it, the novel story is so common, standart, hiperbole, easy predicted, the tragedy not strong enough to make me cry, the happy side not affect anything on my feeling, every conversation and dialog not too much worth for increasing knowledge. The only good thing is the dakwah slipped within it.

I hate the way Habiburrahman figure
the main character wich is always to much perfect like almost all religious movies describe it main player. Let say, the woman is very beautiful & loved by so many guy, tall, very smart -graduate from abroad university- kind, religious. The boy is very handsome, smart-graduate from abroad university-, kind, patien, religious. So what's the chalenging 'bout that? I mean what fun with that? Rather old fashion, isn't it?

I don't get how Habiburrahman comes to be so famous of his works. Ok, the previous novel AAC maybe strong enough, but not this one I guess. Why the producer too confidence to hiperboled campaigning and roaring that this movie will highly explode shocking entertainment realm as what the previous AAC did? if the fact is not? I see the selling not much fabulous.

KCB is there because of the religious movie trend that so highlighted these days in Indonesia. It's only trying to follow the succeed movies previously, so the quality of it be questioned and doubted.

No comments:

Post a Comment